THE YALTA CONFERENCE

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE



      I have a confession to make, I have developed a thing for red heads over the last few years, dating one for the better part of 2 plus years and I don’t know what it is, but they drive me absolutely crazy in all the right ways. Therefore, it probably shouldn’t be a shocker that I’ve fallen for the eloquent Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine. I wouldn’t say she is the easiest on the eyes, but she’s without a doubt one talented individual. That voice of hers is second to none and she possesses such soul, for a pale freckle faced ginger (no disrespect). I have yet to meet a single person who doesn’t have the utmost respect and appreciation of her talent, whether you like her music or not, you can’t deny how incredible she is. Florence and The Machine broke out on the scene only a few years prior in 2009 with their debut album Lungs that featured a track Dog Days Are Over. As soon as this track it the airwaves it  catapulted Florence immediately to number 1 in the UK and soon following turned her and her band into a worldwide sensation. The featured track is a cover of Drake’s “Take Care” and exhibits Florence’s funny, quirky characteristics while still managing to be incredibly flawless and one of the better covers I’ve heard in years. It’s one of those covers that transcends genres and shows how talented artists can express themselves any way they please. It’s an expression of how a true “artist” can take any track and make it their own. I hope you enjoy.
-TYC

No comments:

Post a Comment