THE YALTA CONFERENCE

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

LETTING UP DESPITE GREAT FAULTS


Letting Up Despite Great Faults, pretty powerful name for an indie/electro band from LA even if it is a straight rip from Blondie Redhead’s track “Loved Despite of Great Faults”. I came across this band the other day as I was checking out the artist lineup for the upcoming SXSW in Austin, Texas. The featured track is one of those tracks that take you back in time. Accompanied with the video it’s hard not to be taken back to your late teenage years and early twenties, personally some of the best times of my life. Those years when nothing in the world seems to matter, you are care free running around in the world figuring out who the hell you are. Falling in love (or at least what you thought was love at the time). The times in your life when you are first let loose into the world to start making real decisions in your life, yet you approach them with just carelessness and ease that they aren’t stressful like they soon will be.  Experimenting with drugs and opening your mind to so many new things that come into your world. It’s a time when you can do the wrong thing and know that you’re doing the wrong thing, but you still do it just to test the waters. A time where good friends become best friends and bad friends become distant memories, a time where you can show your individualism and be rewarded for it, a time where you just follow your feet and end up going on the greatest adventure of your life. This is the time where I truly fell in love with “music”. Granted I went through my fair share of stages (rap, metal, rock, scremo, indie, electro etc.) But what I found out along this journey we call “the end of our adolescence entering adulthood” is that music isn’t sounds made from instruments, vocals, lyrics, songs or even albums, music is a feeling , it’s a passion, it’s an emotion,  an expression of individualism. For me music is a feeling that I can’t put into words, it has shaped who I am, what I believe in, my relationships, my outlook on life, love, death and even the afterlife. So here is to bands like Letting Up Despite Great Faults for taking us back to when we fell in love with the world.
-TYC  

No comments:

Post a Comment