THE YALTA CONFERENCE

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

DRAKE


Two posts about The Weeknd/Drake in one week! I guess that’s what happens when you’re about to drop one of the most highly anticipated albums of the year . Drake’s “Take Care” is scheduled to release November 15th worldwide, but it’s been leaked all over the place and has been heard by almost every internet savvy kid out there. Drake to me always fits “it is what it is”. Is Drake a talented rapper? Yes! Are Drake’s flows really sick? Yes! But does everything sound the exact god damn same? AAHHHHH Yes! Drake is good for one thing and one thing only, being featured on other people’s tracks. Now, you Drake supporters might start getting heated, but hear me out for a second. How did Drake get discovered? He was featured on a bunch of Lil Wayne and Young Money tracks. What is Drake’s number one track? “Fancy” which was originally a Mary J. Blige track featuring Drake but didn’t make her album cut. He get’s swallowed up in it by TI and Swizz Beats and it still includes a lot of Mary J. Blige’s original vocals. And I rest my case with what is the hottest Drake track out right now? “Wildfire” by SBTRKT that features Drake. Case closed! But seriously all of Drake’s tracks/flows/raps sound the same the only thing that ever makes them hits are the hooks sung by featuring artists. Anyways now that I’m done bashing Drake (who I think is an incredible lyricist don’t get me wrong) let’s talk about my favorite track off his new record.  “Crew Love” The collaboration of Toronto natives Drake and The Weeknd chalks up to pretty much exactly what I expected from these two dynamic artists. The Weeknd brings his infectious R&B vocals/swag/lyrics while Drake tears it apart with his verses. The beats are some of the simplest beats I’ve heard and yet somehow they sound so full and leave you satisfied. The featured track is a rip off of a radio edit release so please forgive the annoying disc jockey interruption the original is coming soon. “There’s a room full of niggas what are you following me for? It’s cause we blowing like a C4!” In the least hood way possible this kinda describes every relationship I’ve ever been in haha. Enjoy! (Also Featuring Drake Freestyle Live In Toronto with SBTRKT) 
-TYC 


No comments:

Post a Comment